Our Commitment to Protect Your Personal Information
Winnipeg Hearing Centres has always treated any personal information about our clients with the greatest of care. Winnipeg Hearing Centres has taken measures to ensure that your personal information is treated in a confidential manner according to the Personal Information Protection and Electonic Documents Act (PIPEDA) of Canada and the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) of Manitoba.
Winnipeg Hearing Centres have developed this policy to govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in order to maintain the highest standards in this important area.
- Accountability:We are responsible for all personal information under our control and have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with the following principles.
- Identifying Purposes: We will identify and document the purposes for which we collect, use or disclose personal information at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent: The knowledge and consent of our clients are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Limiting Collection: We will limit the amount and type of personal information collected to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Winnipeg Hearing Centres. Information will only be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than for those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by the law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy: Personal Information will be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguarding Information: We will protect personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: We will readily make available to individuals specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access: Upon request, we will inform an individual of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and we will give the individual access to that information. An individual can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
Handling Client Complaints and Suggestions: Any individual can address any complaint regarding compliance with any of these principles with our Privacy Officer at www.winnipeghearing.com or by contacting the Privacy Officer at 204-885-1329.